TODDI J NORUM
EXPERIENCED AND RESPECTED INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER/PROJECT LEAD
Sector Experience: Corporate Compliance, Medical, DOD, Military, Higher Education, Energy, Cyber Security
Roles: Logistics/Business Analyst, LMS Implementation Manager, Instructional Design Consultant, Project Lead, Project Manager, Tech Writer
MS Project, Lean, Six Sigma, ADDIE, Scrum/Agile, PTC Windchill Configuration Management, JIRA, Earned Value Management (EVMS), Articulate Storyline 1 and 2, Captivate, Camtasia, Lectora, BlackBoard, edX Studio, SCORM/AICC, SABA, FrameMaker, Adobe Creative Suite Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop)
MOST RECENT: Regular, Full time
- Marketing/Client Success Manager-Engaged with the publisher, author, and user clients to develop micro-learning content and employee engagement success strategies that utilized the BlueBottleBiz collaborative content platform.
- Primary, personable point of contact for key client implementations and architecture, managing project milestones and technical issues.
Pearson Developers Network (PDN)-Learning Technologies/Capabilities
(7/15 to 8/16)
- Strategic Technical and Marketing Communication Writer for the Pearson Developers’ Network, PDN. Responsible for developing and delivering multi-audience communication strategies via the PDN and external channels. Managed, conducted and promoted the 2016 Pearson Student Coding Contest with the CEO’s office.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL TECH CONSULTING – Heavy Imaging Squadron 10/2012 to 8/2016
(2/15 – 5/15)
- Project Consultant Technical Writer documenting the Developer API integrations for the implementation of the Canvas Learning Management System.
Informa Training Partners
- Consultant Instructional Designer developing web-based training for customized Salesforce CRM implementation used by medical device sales team. All content presented in Storyline 1.
- Worked with stakeholders to identify/address training gaps in partner readiness and system implementation training for Security Analytics, a complex enterprise solution for analyzing network traffic/cyber threats.
- Designed technical e-learning for professional VAR service reps using Storyline 1 and Camtasia to capture complex installation and configuration procedures. Set up virtual training labs and assessments.
- Validated training with SMEs.
- Identified, managed, and integrated resource requirements, scope, budgets, schedules, quality, risk, and customer relationships.
- Sought out as part of an executive change management team to apply Instructional Design expertise for a go-live to update SAP CRM and billing software. 100+ web-based courses were developed, with detailed work analyses spanning five core business units. Coordinated with Business Analysts to map curriculum for 2000+ employees. Delivered ILT courses to key personnel in a train-the-trainer scenario.
- Lead technical writer for the Studio course authoring tool, Harvard/MIT edX MOOC. Authored initial documentation plan, learned markdown language and produced open source content to GitHub.
- Architected the online product support strategy put in place and still in use by edX
- Managed development projects using SCRUM process and Atlassian Jira project management tools.
- Project Lead/Business Analyst responsible for meeting objectives and end-to-end global implementation of the corporate Cornerstone LMS.
- Managed configuration, project mapping, and curriculum design to meet compliance standards and needs analysis for all departments.
- Acted as steering committee chair and managed project progress. Reported metrics and milestones to stakeholders. Evaluated and selected third-party solutions.
- Managed third party API consultants for business process integrations between CSOD and other cloud-based services.
DOD LEAD ROLES
Senior Training Analyst for the XM1216 multi-sensor robotic platform used by Army personnel for tactical situational awareness and force protection
- Managed, developed and validated the ILT materials and interactive web-based training IMI used to train the XM1216 robot to Army Ops and Maintenance personnel in accordance with SAT and ADDIE approaches to training, and using TRADOC 350-70 and SCORM industry standards.
- Performed Army training GAP analysis against Army performance standards, expectations, and TRADOC 350-70 standards.
- Project managed a subcontractor team to develop the Army Program of Record XM1216 IMI. Activities included: drafting the subcontractor SOW; reviewing/approving their work, driving and demonstrating tasks using the robot, setting up IMI project tasks with SMEs, managing design documentation, managing IMI development and content reviews, and reporting IMI and ILT production progress using DoD approved Earned Value Management System (EVMS) metrics.
- Directly interfaced with Prime Contractor and Government Logistics personnel, ensuring delivery of CDRLs under the contract. Responsible for defect remediation and metrics reporting as formal project deliverables under the DoD contract.
- Produced, staffed, scheduled and delivered instructor-led training events to key personnel at Ft. Benning and Ft. Bliss.
- Supported the development of MILSTD documentation (S1000D IETM) and Job Aids in parallel with training development.
- Developed troubleshooting process workflows for XM1216 with iRobot field service SMEs.
- Supported proposals for DoD logistics/training including descriptive writing, estimating labor hours and non-labor costs.
- Participated in a user interface and human factors (MANPRINT) redesign study for the XM1216 in collaboration with soldiers at Fort Benning. Compiled study results for requirements generation.
Logistics Analyst for RAID (Rapid Aerostat Initial Deployment), a multi-sensor remote and persistent surveillance program made up of FLIR cameras, ground radar and acoustic sensors mounted on 17M Aerostats used by the Army and Marines to protect lives on the front
- Oversaw continued product updates to RAID operations and maintenance manuals by RTSC (Raytheon Technical Services Corp).
- Interfaced with the government program Logistics personnel at Redstone Arsenal for coordination of Logistics Demos for all RAID tower and aerostat configurations. The implementation demonstrations covered: equipment configuration, system support package elements, spares and repair parts, expendables, tools and test equipment, tech manuals, and training materials.
- Represented Prime Contractor at all configuration control and change request meetings.
- Monitored BOM (Bill of Materials) and NSN (National Stock Numbers) lists for all repair parts for all six RAID configurations with a focus on life-cycle support and cost analysis.
- Managed RMA tracking for RAID part returns and repairs.
- Monitored reliability and maintainability data for all RAID BOMs.
(07/07 – 8/08)
Training Analyst for RAID cross-functional training/documentation team
- Validated and edited technical maintenance/operations manuals and training materials for field service reps and OEM maintenance reps.
- Interfaced with government logistics personnel to validate/verify manual content.
- Updated UEWR Tech Orders and RPSTL (Repair Parts and Special Tools List).
University of Colorado, Denver, Online
Master’s Program, Instructional Technologies and Adult Learning (expected 12/19)
Colorado State University
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communication / Special program in Public Relations
Passionate photographer and videographer with published photo work
Podcast producer/interviewer for coloradoincommon.com